About the Kambo Ceremony
Answers to some of the most common questions about the Kambo experience:
- Blood circulation problems
- Chronic pain
- Addiction to opiate or prescription painkillers
- Fever and infections
- Negative energies, natively referred to as panema
Some of the peptides in Kambo are known to have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Besides alleviating certain ailments, Kambo has traditionally been known to increate stamina, strength and focus.
People with the following conditions can NOT take kambo:
- Serious heart conditions
- Had a stroke
- On medication for low blood pressure
- Current and severe epilepsy
- Addison’s disease
- Had a brain hemorrhage
- Had Aneurysms
- Active blood clots
- Lack the mental capacity to make the decision to take kambo
- Serious mental health problems excluding depression, anxiety and PTSD
- Under going chemotherapy and for 4 weeks afterwards
- Taking immune suppressants for organ transplant
- Breast feeding a child under 6 months old
- Major surgery within the last 8 weeks or the wounds have not healed yet
- Fast cycling bi-polar
Please contact to discuss suitability for the following reasons:
- Taking immune suppressants for auto immune disorders
- Taking slimming or sleeping suppressants
- Active drug or alcohol addictions
- If you are taking prescription drugs, most are OK.
Please do not fast for 7 days before or after kambo.
Avoid colonics, enemas, liver flushes or any water/fluid based detox within 3 days of taking kambo.
Avoid alcohol or any drugs within 24 hours of a kambo treatment.
No food for 8 hours before a kambo treatment, herbal teas and water is fine but keep to a minimum an hour before.
Copyright of Lee Schwalb and Uma Kanya Darke and IAKP. With thanks and respect to the Karen Darke and the IAKP for allowing the use of this information.
- Increased body temperature
- Increased blood pressure
- Pressure inside your head
- Skin and facial redness
- Stomach cramps
These initial effects can last anywhere from 15-30 minutes, with the possibility of a mild headache and tiredness for a few hours afterwards. However, there are some who have found the various effects pleasant. Everyone’s reaction and results will be somewhat different, but for most the initial effects are unpleasant.